More chipmunk progress
Shaping fuselage sides. Outlines are printed on the 1/8 hard balsa sides. 1/16 ply was CA'd after drilling holes. Square stock glued on the top and bottom and stack sanded to match them up.
The kit was short on engine stick, so I ripped some hard maple from my stock. I added an engine crutch, I put it in all models now. It makes it easy to locate and drill mounting holes. I used transfer punches to locate the mounting holes and drilled them accurately.
One the crutch is done, the sides were popped in a jig. The crutch was glued in upside down.
Sig supplies a molded set of flap and elevator horns. I cut up an old one, and will not use it. I need to a set. The horns are flexy and and the little kink in the horn wire isn't enough to prevent rotation.
12/29/2020 01:59:30 pm
Looking good my friend.
Leave a Reply.